Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Getaway

On Monday we went to Fernandina for a couple
of days of Rest, Relaxation, and Fun!
We stayed with mama's cousin Danica hoping
to have a few beautiful days on the beach!

When we got to the beach it was cloudy, rainy,
windy, cold, and rough!
We were hoping to go and show daddy
how we learned to boogie board but with
the water so rough we couldn't get in
past our ankles without it knocking us down.

We didn't care that it was raining and windy!
We still played on the beach for a while!

Oh, how I wanted to get out there!

Daddy tried to boogie board for a few minutes.

But the ocean was knocking him all around!

I didn't want to pull my hair up so this is
what I looked like the entire time on the beach!

Cute picture, if only you could see my face!

I spent most of my time on the beach chasing
sea gulls!

I almost had it!

Coming to get some juice.
It's hard work running after sea gulls!

Oooppps.

Back up on my feet to chase some more!

Daddy conquered the waves without
hurting himself!
If you look carefully you will see
that his whole body is red where
he was tossed about by the waves!

Yep, that is our daddy!
Crazy as ever!

We decided that we needed a snack and
the sea gulls needed one too!

I think they really liked
rainbow chocolate chip cookies!

They were flying all around us trying
to get food!

Mama really hates sea gulls and
was getting really nervous, thinking
that they were about to attack us!

Trying to rinse all of the sand off without getting
knocked over by a wave!

Me and my daddy!
He is the best!

Notice the stormy sky!
***********************
More Family Getaway
Pictures To Come!

No comments:

Deut 6:5-9

You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
"And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.