Saturday, June 23, 2007

SUPERWOW

On Monday morning we left for Jekyell Island to go to a
Youth Conference called SUPERWOW!
We had a great time. Daddy and Mama got
to get to know some of the youth better.
Which was the reason we all went when we had
four other adults going. We got to have a lot of fun in the pool and
on the beach while mama, daddy, the 6 girls we took went to
conferences and Worship services!

Here we are with our group!
Only six girls went. The boys and some
of the other girls had jobs they had to stay behind and do!
One day we had a missions project to do.
We went to a childrens home and did some clean up
we also got to play volleyball, kickball, and paint with some of the kids.
We were not allowed to take pictures of the children.
The children were from the age of 12-18.
They came from very abusive homes.
Some were physical, sexual and mental abused kids.
Most of them were really messed up
because they were crack babies!
It was really sad. But they were all so nice to us.
And they were very excited about us spending time with them!
Here I am just chilling on this block!
They told me that I was doing a good job with it!

I am hanging out with granny G and Granny J!
Mrs. Georgia and Mrs. Jane!


I am hard at work with water bottle at hand!

Working with Brooke, Ashley, Emily and Ally!
It's a hard job but somebody has to do it!

We had lots of pool time.
I learned how to jump in the pool with
swimmies and without swimmies!
I did a lot of belly flops!

Mama didn't get any pictures with out my floats.
But I sure did love to jump both in the shallow end
and the deep end!

Here I come mama! Are you going to catch me?

Mama, don't let me go in head first!

Swimming is so much fun.
But I don't like any kind of float!

Oh, the sun was so bright!

Here I go again.
They tried to teach me to swim.
I got the legs down but still working on the arms.
Yeah, I know I am cute!

We had a great trip!
Mama didn't get any pictures of us on the beach.
Because she never got to go with us.
But I think some body else did.
So when we get them we will post them!
***************************************************
We are off to TN on Monday to see Grandmama and Pop!
Yeah!!
We can't wait!

1 comment:

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

Kait-
I'm with you-now swimmies! We're just too good to wear them :)
Madison

Deut 6:5-9

You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
"And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.