Monday, March 05, 2007

Okefenokee Swamp Park

This past weekend our friends from Maine,
Dan and Katie, came to visit us.
They now live in North Carolina.
While they were here we visited the Okefenokee Swamp Park.
One of the three entrances to the park is in Waycross
(where mama grew up).
The swamp is the size of Rhode Island. It is located in
South GA and North FL.
The gators were still in hibernating mode.
But they were everywhere. They just didn't move a lot!

Here are a lot of gators all together. These were actually caged up.
But most were not (like the one above).
We could have walked right up to them.
But we didn't. Maybe if Aunt Jennifer was here we would have?
I don't know, Maybe not!!!
I got to hold a baby gator. This one was 18 months old.
I also held a few snakes but we didn't get a picture of that!

We went on a train ride through the park.
That was fun, I LOVE trains.
(Yep, I have a black eye and bruised cheek.
I woudln't be a Jones if I wasn't bruised and banged up!
The black eye is from falling and hitting a metal chair (Monday).
The bruised cheek is from running in church, falling,
and slamming into a wooden beam (Wednesday).
Luckily there were lots of witnesses. Or I would probably be in foster care!
Mama
hasn't wanted to take me out in public!)

I didn't get to hold a gator so I decided to ride one!!

No, Wait!! I decided to get eaten by one!

I love the deer.
Can you believe that my daddy shoots them?
Oh well, they are good to eat!

I think I want a deer for a pet along with a gator!

We are having the best time with Katie!

Oh mama, I was just trying to get that strawberry to feed the bear!

I am going to go pet the bear! Okay???

I am a gator, Katie's a bear, but what in the world is mama?
A tree trunk????


Get me out so I can chase some gators!!!!

We decided since Katie and Dan didn't get to come to our parties
that we would goof off and wear party hats!

Yep, we are goofing off again.
That's what Katie and Dan do best.



We were so glad they got to come and spend time with us.
I am not sure how they feel about it because they drove down
on Thursday night in tornados and thunderstorms.
They got here at one in the morning when the
storms were the strongest here.
But thank God we didn't have any tornandos here in Tifton.
They had one about a hour west of here and lots of people
got hurt and died!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last picture of us- i'm totally putting that on my myspace page.

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

Hi Cousins,
The swamp looks like it was a lot of fun. I hope Kaitlann wasn't eaten by that gator! Mackenzie, you look like you are going to take after your Aunt Jennifer the way you were holding the gator. I don't think I would have been that brave. I'm glad Mommy and Daddy don't live in Florida still because I think I would worry about gators a lot!
Miss you both,
Madison

Deut 6:5-9

You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
"And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.