Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cake Smashin' Party

By: Erika
Today I turned the grand age of 27!
I had a wonderful day.
My mama's birthday is May 7th so we
had a combo birthday party.
We both had our very first Princess Party!

Kimmy called and conferred with Mackenzie
about what kind of cake we needed.
Of course Mackenzie chose a pink princess one!
We even had princess crowns and wands!

Yes, they forgot to put Happy Birthday on the cake
and Mackenzie and Kaitlann placed the candles
on the cake!
But those two things were nothing compared to
what happened next!

************************************************
SMASH!!!!

Yep, that is cake icing all over the floor!
Jason didn't make it back with the camera in
time to get the picture of the whole cake
upside down in the middle of the kitchen floor!

I know you are blaming one of the girls or Jason
since they are Jones'!
But it wasn't them this time!
You got it!
It was ME!!
I dropped the cake!

I was getting the cake for us
to take a picture with it before it was cut.
And then I yelled, "Oh No the cake is in the floor"!
Everyone thought I was joking.
Until they noticed that I was still holding the
plastic bottom of the cake box with NO cake on it!

I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or get mad at myself!

So I decided to sit in the middle of the floor and
eat icing!

I mean I couldn't waste a birthday cake
since they are my favorite!
The icing tasted just as good scooped
up off the floor as it does on top of a cake!

Mackenzie didn't care that the cake was
completely smashed. All she was concerned
about was finding the Princesses!
I am just glad it was my cake and not theirs!
More birthday pictures will follow!
I am sure I will never forget my 27th Birthday!

3 comments:

Madison, Luke, and Alexander said...

Happy Birthday, Aunt Erika! We hope you like the card we picked out!
Madison and Luke

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday, Erika!

newmanfamily said...

Happy Birthday Erika! That truly stinks about your cake. I probably would have had to had some off the floor too. Of course at this point in the pregnancy Burt might have had to go buy another one.
Lori

Deut 6:5-9

You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
"And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.